Weight Watchers Roasted Pears recipe
1 large pear
1 tablespoon whole half walnuts (or pecans)
2 tablespoons no-fat cream cheese
vegetable oil cooking spray
2 teaspoons honey
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. If you wish, peel the pear. Slice the pear in half lengthwise, and scoop out seeds to make a nice circle. Spray with cooking spray and set aside in a gratin dish sprayed with cooking spray, cut side up.
3. In a small bowl mix together 1 teaspoon honey, the cream cheese, nutmeg and salt. Fill each pear half cavity with half of the cheese mixture.
4. Place a half walnut or pecan on top of the cheese mixture, lightly pressing it down. Drizzle the pear halves with the remaining teaspoon of honey.
5. Roast the pear halves on the center grate of the oven for about 1 hour (or until soft). Test with a toothpick at about 45 minutes.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
Calories from fat: 68
Total fat: 7.6g
Total carbs: 22.8g
Dietary fiber: 3.5g
Photo credit: Derf
You might also like these fruit recipes: