The smoked salmon gives this snack a more intense, spicier flavor than the classic English cucumber sandwiches. In addition, the salmon increases the health benefits by an extra dose of vitamin D. It promotes the absorption and processing of calcium and is essential for the formation of bones, teeth and cartilage.
You can also sprinkle the sandwich cream with some garden cress for an even more pronounced flavor and an increase in vitamin C and calcium.
Weight Watchers Cucumber Sandwiches with Smoked Salmon Cream recipe
Recipe type: Sandwich
- ½ lemon
- 250 g cream cheese (13% fat)
- Worcestershire sauce
- 150 g smoked salmon
- 1 small cucumber (about 250 g)
- 2 mint stalks
- 8 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- Squeeze the half lemon. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese with 2 tablespoons lemon juice, salt, pepper and a few splashes of Worcester sauce until smooth.
- Cut the salmon into very small pieces, fold into the cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- Wash the cucumber, clean, peel and cut lengthwise into thin slices.
- Place the cucumber slices in a bowl and lightly salt. Let stand for 10 minutes, then drain the accumulated water.
- Wash the mint and shake dry. Pluck, chop and add the leaves to the cucumber slices.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on the bread slices.
- Add cucumber slices on top of 4 of the bread slices.
- Put the remaining slices of bread as a lid on the slices with the cucumbers (cream cheese down) and press well. Until further use (maximum 30 minutes) wrap in plastic wrap.
- Unwrap the sandwiches just before serving. Remove the crusts and cut the bread into bite-sized pieces. Secure with toothpicks and serve on a plate.
WW Points Plus: 4, WW Old Points: 3
Calories: 155 Fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Fiber: 2.5 g Protein: 9 g Cholesterol: 23 mg
You might also like these Weight Watchers sandwich recipes: