Eggs Benedict is an American breakfast dish that consists of two halves of an English muffin, topped with ham or bacon, poached eggs, and Hollandaise sauce. The one redeeming quality about this brunch staple: it contains protein-rich eggs, which are a great source of selenium and vitamin D.
Eggs Benedict (3 WW points plus, 3 WW old points)
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 egg
- ½ English muffin
- 1 slice ham, thin
- 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce
- paprika (optional)
- Poach the egg.
- Lightly toast the English muffin half.
- Top with the ham slice, tucking the square corners under to conform to round muffin.
- Top the ham with the poached egg.
- Cover all with 3 tablespoons hollandaise sauce.
- Sprinkle with paprika (if desired).
- Serve at once.
WW Points Plus: 3, WW Old Points: 3
Calories: 136 Fat: 5.2 g Saturated fat: 1.8 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sodium: 174.2 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 8.8 g Cholesterol: 186 mg
You might also like these Weight Watchers breakfast recipes: