Freshly baked from the oven, these buns taste fantastic! The peppers provide an extra boost of vitamin C, while the cream cheese brings plenty of protein and calcium to strengthen your bones. This is an ideal snack for children!
Weight Watchers Bagels with Cream Cheese and Peppers recipe
150 ml buttermilk
1 package dried yeast
1 tsp honey
280 g flour (type 1050)
1 tsp paprika
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (about 10 g)
1 tsp baking soda
200 g cream cheese (13% fat)
1 tablespoon yogurt (1.5% fat)
1 tsp tomato paste
1 clove of garlic
1 red bell pepper (about 200 g)
2 yellow peppers (about 200 g)
soy sauce, to taste
1 cucumber (about 500 g)
1. Slightly warm the buttermilk in a small saucepan. Dry the yeast and stir in the honey.
2. Place the flour, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper and paprika in a bowl. Pour the lukewarm yeast and buttermilk mixture and mix with the dough until it becomes smooth; if the dough is too hard, add a little more water.
3. Cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rise for about 1 hour in a warm place (the dough should double in size).
4. Cut the risen dough into 10 equal pieces and form into large balls. Using your finger, form a hole in the center of each ball.
5. In a large pot, bring 1 liter of water to a boil and dissolve the baking soda in it. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
6. Using a slotted spoon, dive the bagels into the boiling water for about 1 minute. Remove, drain and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven at 200° C on the middle rack for about 10-15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, peel the garlic, chop very finely and mix with the cream cheese, yogurt and tomato paste.
8. Wash the peppers, cut them in half and remove the seeds. Finely chop half of the red pepper and half of the yellow bell pepper, and fold into the cream cheese. Season with salt, pepper and soy sauce to taste.
9. Wash the cucumber under hot water, wipe dry, clean and cut into 1 cm thick slices.
10. Take the bagels out of the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
11. Serve the bagels with cucumber slices, cream cheese and the remaining pepper halves cut into wide strips.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
WW points plus: 4
Total fat: 3 g
Total carbs: 22 g
Dietary fiber: 3.5 g
Protein: 7 g
You might also like these Weight Watchers bread recipes: