A “Spanish omelet” (also known as a “Spanish tortilla”) is one tummy filling breakfast which is super easy to make. This fluffy omelet feels really good to the palate due to its texture.
Weight Watchers Spanish Omelet recipe
3 medium baking potatoes, uncooked
3 egg whites
3 large eggs
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Thoroughly scrub or peel the potatoes and slice them in very thin slices.
2. Fill a large saucepan with water and bring it to a boil.
3. Add the potatoes and boil for about 5 minutes (until partially cooked).
4. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
5. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper and chopped garlic together.
6. Set the mixture aside.
7. In a 10″ frying pan, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
8. Add the sliced potatoes and the onions.
9. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until golden brown.
10. Add the potato mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
11. Reheat the frying pan over low-medium heat.
12. Add potato-egg mixture and cook for about 2 minutes.
13. Flip the mixture over and cook on other side for another 2 minutes until the eggs are set.
15. Cut into 6 wedges and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
WW points plus: 4
Total fat: 6 g
Cholesterol: 93 mg
Sodium: 114.9 mg
Total carbs: 16 g
Dietary fiber: 1.5 g
Protein: 6.4 g
You might also like these Weight Watchers breakfast recipes:
Photo credit: ad454