Weight Watchers Roasted Beets with Ginger recipe
2 lbs beets (about 6 small to medium beets)
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated ginger
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Carefully scrub the beets clean, trimming off the long root tip and the leaves.
3. Tightly wrap the beets in aluminium foil and place in the oven for about 40-50 minutes (or until the beets are tender and the skin is loose).
4. Remove from the oven and cut a slit in the foil to allow the steam to escape.
5. Allow the beets to cool enough so that you can handle them. Trim the ends and peel the skin (it should slip off quite easily).
6. Cut the peeled beets into sixths or eighths (depending on their size).
7. Heat the olive oil under medium-low heat. Add the ginger and cook for about 1-2 minutes, keeping the heat low to release the flavor.
8. Add the beets and cook for about 2-3 more minutes.
9. Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for another minute or so. The oil, vinegar and ginger should create a nice glaze covering the beets.
10. Serve warm.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 3
Calories from fat: 50
Total fat: 5.6g
Total carbs: 24.1g
Dietary fiber: 4.8g
Photo credit: Sue Lau
You might also like these side dish recipes: