Weight Watchers Light Mashed Potatoes recipe
5 medium white potatoes, peeled, washed and diced
4 tablespoons margarine
1/4 cup low-fat milk
1/2 teaspoon table salt (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, add the potatoes and enough water to cover them.
2. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil for about 20 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and return to the saucepan.
4. Using an electric mixer, mix the potatoes until they’re looking slightly dry.
5. Add 1/4 cup milk and mix until creamy (add extra milk if you want a creamier texture).
6. Add the margarine, salt and pepper; mix well.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 4
Calories from fat: 71
Total fat: 7.9g
Total carbs: 23.5g
Dietary fiber: 2.3g
Photo credit: VirtualErn
You might also like these side dish recipes: