Yesterday I felt like cooking something a little more exotic, so I tried this chicken curry recipe. It turned out well, so you should try it if you like curry dishes.
I know there are some people who may not like the banana topping, so you can leave it out completely, or try replacing it with something more neutral (like carrots, bamboo shoots or pineapple chunks).
Weight Watchers Thai Red Chicken Curry recipe
Makes 4 servings
2 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
350 g potatoes, cut into cubes
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 onion, sliced
150 ml low-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
25 g creamed coconut
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
300 ml boiling water
1. Saute the onion and garlic in oil until soft.
2. Stir in the chicken cubes and cook for about 3 minutes (until lightly brown).
3. Add the curry paste and cook for another 2 minutes.
4. Disolve the creamed coconut in boiling water and add to the pan.
5. Add in potatoes and tomato puree.
6. Cover and simmer for about 25 minutes.
7. Stir in the yogurt and chopped coriander.
8. Chop the bananas and mix in with the lime juice and zest; chill until the curry is ready to serve and use as a topping (optional).
One serving is approximately 417 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 8
Nutritional information per serving: 386 calories, 15.2g fat, 4.8g fiber