This chicken and pineapple stew has a great flavor and is one of my favorite slow cooker meals!
Weight Watchers Pineapple Chicken Stew recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and juice reserved
4 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Mix all the ingredients (except the pineapple and cornstarch) in a 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 7-8 hours (or on high heat setting for 3-4 hours), or until the carrots are tender and the chicken is no longer pink in center.
3. Mix the reserved pineapple juice and cornstarch until smooth; gradually stir into the chicken mixture. Stir in the pineapple.
4. Cover and cook on high heat for about 15 minutes (or until slightly thickened).
5. Serve over hot cooked rice.
One serving is approximately 264 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 4
Nutritional information per serving: 198 calories, 1.8g fat, 2.3g fiber