This is one of my all-time favorite desserts. It’s so delicious and indulgent, that whenever I have it I forget I’m on a diet!
The panna cotta itself is quite sweet, so the tartness of the sauce compliments it perfectly!
Weight Watchers Panna Cotta with Strawberry Sauce recipe
Makes 6 servings
2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 ounce unsweetened gelatin
1 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
5 tablespoons sugar
1/4 cup water, cold
1/2 tablespoon honey
3/4 cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and allow to soften (about 5 minutes).
2. Meanwhile, in a large measuring cup, combine the low-fat milk, sweetened condensed milk, honey and 3 tablespoons sugar.
3. Heat the gelatin over low heat until dissolved (about 5 minutes). Stir in the milk mixture, then remove from heat.
4. Coat six 1-cup ramekins with cooking spray. Fill each ramekin halfway with the milk mixture. Chill until firm (at least 4 hours, or overnight).
5. To make the sauce: In a food processor, puree the strawberries.
6. Pour into the saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes (until slightly thickened).
7. Cool and keep in the refrigerator until ready to use.
7. To assemble: Run a small knife around the edge of panna cotta to loosen them.
8. Dip the ramekins into warm water for about 30 seconds (be careful not to get water into the ramekins!). Invert onto 6 dessert plates.
9. Top each panna cotta with about 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons sauce and serve.
One serving is approximately 233 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 2
Nutritional information per serving: 95 calories, 1.1g fat, 1g fiber