Now that the weather is starting to get hot, all I feel like eating is fruit. But even with its great taste, fresh fruit can sometimes get boring if eaten by itself. Beautiful, delicious and very refreshing, this salad makes fruit look as exciting as it tastes!
Weight Watchers Layered Fruit Salad recipe
Makes 6 servings
2 medium bananas, sliced
2 cups pineapple chunks
2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
1 cup red seedless grapes
1 pint strawberries, sliced
1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 teaspoon orange zest
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
1 cinnamon stick
1.In a medium saucepan, combine the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and rind, brown sugar and cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
4. Layer the fruit in a glass serving bowl.
5. Remove the cinnamon stick from the sauce; pour the sauce over the fruit.
6. Cover and chill for several hours before serving.
WW POINTS per serving: 4
Nutritional information per serving: 217 calories, 0.7g fat, 5g fiber