This delicious mushroom salad gets its great taste from the fabulous blend of herbs. One of my all-time favorite salad recipes!
Weight Watchers Greek Mushroom Salad recipe
Makes 6 servings
1/2 lb mushrooms
1 medium tomato, diced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon basil or marjoram
1 tablespoon fresh parsley or fresh coriander, chopped
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch salt
1 pinch fresh pepper, ground
1/3 cup water
1. In a frying pan, heat the oil on low heat and gently fry the mushrooms for about 2-3 minutes (do not overcook!).
2. Sprinkle in the garlic and basil, then toss the mixture for a minute or two so that mushrooms are well coated.
3. Add the diced tomato, lemon juice, salt, pepper and water.
4. Stir together and cook until the tomato softens.
5. Remove from the heat and let cool at room temperature for about 1-2 hours (so the flavors blend together).
6. Garnish with chopped herbs.
One serving is approximately 90 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 1
Nutritional information per serving: 36 calories, 2.4g fat, 0.7g fiber