These blueberry muffins are a tasty and antioxidant-rich start to the day. If you want, you can add extra blueberries to enhance the flavor.
Weight Watchers Blueberry Muffins (3 WW points)
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups natural bran
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or frozen blueberries
- In large bowl, combine bran, flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together eggs, buttermilk, oil and molasses.
- Pour egg mixture into bran mixture and stir to moisten.
- Do not overmix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into nonstick or paper-lined large muffin tins, filling almost to top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
Calories: 161 Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 0.9 g Carbohydrates: 29.1 g Sugar: 13.1 g Sodium: 175.7 mg Fiber: 4.3 g Protein: 4.3 g Cholesterol: 22.1 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers muffin recipes: