Making your own spice blend is so worth it, letting you control the sodium and use fresh ingredients. You can make the kebabs and buttermilk mixture a day ahead and refrigerate until you’re ready to cook.
WW Smart Points
Weight Watchers Spicy Buttermilk Chicken and Vegetable Kebabs Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-in. pieces
- ¼ cup fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh garlic
- 2 large orange bell peppers, cut into 1-in. pieces
- 1 pt. multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-in. pieces
- cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- In a bowl, combine the buttermilk, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, paprika, allspice and ground red pepper.
- Thread the chicken, tomatoes, onion and bell peppers, alternately onto 4 long skewers.
- Brush the kebabs with half of buttermilk mixture.
- Coat the grill grates with cooking spray.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and grill for about 5 minutes. Turn and grill for 5 more minutes (or until the chicken is done), brushing the chicken and vegetable kebabs with the remaining buttermilk mixture.
- Remove the kebabs from the grill. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper, and serve.
Serving size: 1 kebab Calories: 282 Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 20 g Sugar: 7 g Sodium: 462 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 39 g Cholesterol: 109 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers chicken recipes: