For baked treats that are fresh and hot from the oven, mix and shape these scones up to two weeks in advance, and freeze them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake just what you need, adding five minutes of baking time.
WW Smart Points
WeightWatchers Almond & Pomegranate Scones Recipe
Recipe type: Breakfast
- For the scones:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbs. sugar, plus 1 Tbs. for sprinkling
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbs. pomegranate juice
- ½ cup fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup almond milk, plus 1 Tbs. for brushing
- 4 Tbs. chilled trans fat–free margarine, cubed
- For the topping:
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbs. pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- To make the scones: In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, flours, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the pomegranate juice and almond milk.
- Mix the cold margarine into the dry ingredients until crumbly.
- Stir in the almond milk mixture until just combined, adding 1 to 2 Tbs. more almond milk (if necessary) for the dough to come together.
- Mix in the pomegranate seeds.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface, and pat into a 1-inch-thick rectangle.
- Cut thecones using a floured 2-inch heart-shaped cutter, reforming the scraps to make more scones. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the cones with almond milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown, rotating the tray halfway through.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- To make the topping: In a small bowl, stir together the pomegranate juice and confectioners’ sugar. Drizzle the glaze over the scones, then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Calories: 100 Fat: 6 g Saturated fat: 0.5 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 115 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 2 g
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers breakfast recipes: