The deep, sweet flavors of cooked beets and caramelized onions pair beautifully with adzuki beans. Try this pâté as a dip for crudités, a spread for crackers, or a topping for whole grains.
WW Smart Points
WeightWatchers Adzuki-Beet Pâté Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 medium beets
- 1 cup cooked adzuki beans
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (1 Tbs.)
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- 2 tsp. mirin (rice wine)
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp. sea salt, plus more to taste
- In a medium saucepan, bring the beets (and enough water to cover) to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer for about 35-40 minutes (until the beets are tender).
- Remove from the heat, drain the beets, and slip off the skins under cool running water. Cut the beets into 1-inch pieces, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and sauté for about 8 minutes (until it begins to brown).
- Add the garlic and salt, and cook for about 5 more minutes (until the onions caramelize).
- Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the mirin sauce and balsamic vinegar; set aside.
- Place the beans in a food processor; add the beets, cashew butter, caramelized onions and vinegar. Blend until smooth, scraping the sides of bowl as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 109 Fat: 6 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 11 g Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 155 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 3 g
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers dips & spreads recipes: