Festive bow tie pasta, toasted pine nuts, green peas, and a creamy goat cheese sauce make this dish so very easy and original.
WW Smart Points
Weight Watchers Farfalle with Peas and Tomato-Goat Cheese Cream Sauce Recipe
Recipe type: Main dish
- 12 oz. farfalle pasta
- 3 oz. creamy mild goat cheese (6 Tbs.)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 11/4 cups creamy tomato soup
- ½ Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. pine nuts
- ¼ cup nonfat half-and-half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. dry white wine (optional)
- Cook the pasta in la arge pot of boiling water with salt, according to the directions on the package, directions until al dente. Add the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Drain the pasta and peas in a colander, and set aside. Quickly return the empty pot to the same burner (with the heat off), wait a few seconds until the pot dries, then add the pine nuts. Cook over medium heat until lightly toasted and fragrant (about 1 minute). Transfer the nuts to a plate.
- Add the oil to the pot, and sauté the garlic over medium heat until it's just starting to brown (about 15 seconds). Stir in the half-and-half, soup, and wine (if using); bring to a brisk simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has slightly reduced and begins to thicken (about 3 minutes).
- Add the cheese and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cheese has completely melted into the sauce (about 2-3 more minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the pasta with the peas and pine nuts into the sauce in the pot; toss well and serve. Bon appetit!
Calories: 341 Fat: 7 g Saturated fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 57 g Sugar: 4 g Sodium: 283 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 11 g Cholesterol: 7 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers pasta recipes: