These whole-wheat seeded breadsticks are the ultimate party appetizer! Everyone will rave over this healthy, delicious recipe!
WW Smart Points
WeightWatchers Whole-Wheat Seeded Breadsticks Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 package dry rapid-rise yeast (about 2¼ tsp.)
- 2½ tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons warm low-fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 9 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 2 cups)
- cooking spray
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- Dissolve the yeast in warm milk in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add the 2 eggs and butter to the milk mixture; beat at low speed for about 1 minute. Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 1 cup flour to the milk mixture; beat at low speed until smooth.
- Remove the paddle attachment and insert the dough hook. With the mixer running on low speed, add the remaining 1 cup flour, 1 tablespoon at a time. Add ½ teaspoon salt; beat at low speed for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°F), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide in half. Working with 1 portion at a time (cover the remaining dough to prevent drying), roll into a 12- x 6-inch rectangle. Cut the dough into 8 (12-inch) strips. Pick up each strip at both ends, and gently twist 3 or 4 times. Place twists 1 inch apart on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Repeat the procedure with the remaining dough portion. Cover and let rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the egg white with 1 teaspoon water in a bowl; brush the egg mixture over the twists. Combine the remaining ½ teaspoon salt, sesame seeds, and remaining ingredients in a bowl, and sprinkle over the twists. Bake for about 12-15 minutes (or until lightly browned). Let cool.
Serving size: 1 breadstick Calories: 113 Fat: 4 g Saturated fat: 1.8 g Carbohydrates: 14 g Sugar: 0 g Sodium: 179 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 5 g Cholesterol: 38 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers appetizer recipes: