This vibrant orange drink with zingy personality is a great choice for hot summer days, as fresh mint provides a cooling herbaceous balance. For an equally delicious alternative, use fresh basil instead of mint.
WW Smart Points
WeightWatchers Blood Orange Ginger Soda Recipe
Recipe type: Beverage
- ⅓ cup sliced peeled fresh ginger
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 18 fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups club soda
- 3 cups blood orange juice
- 6 (2-inch) blood orange rind strips
- 6 blood orange wedges
- 6 mint sprigs
- Combine the ginger, sugar and water in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Remove from the heat and let stand for about 15 minutes. Strain; discarding the solids.
- To prepare each cocktail, muddle 1 rind strip and 3 mint leaves in a cocktail shaker using the handle of a wooden spoon. Add ½ cup orange juice and 2½ tablespoons ginger syrup to the shaker; shake well.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-filled glass. Top with ½ cup soda; stir. Garnish with a mint sprig and an orange wedge.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 121 Fat: 0.3 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 30 g Sugar: 27 g Sodium: 14 mg Fiber: 0 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers beverage recipes: