These beautiful summer hors d’oeuvres can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature. Just add the yogurt topping and pepper confetti at the last minute.
WW Smart Points
WeightWatchers Zucchini Croquettes with Bell Pepper Recipe
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 medium zucchini, shredded (1 lb.)
- ½ small yellow bell pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
- ½ small red bell pepper, diced (1/2 cup)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 5 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
- 4 Tbs. chopped chives, divided
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped mint
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Aleppo pepper, or 1 tsp. paprika, plus 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- Stir the red and yellow bell peppers together in bowl, and season with salt to taste. Set aside.
- Combine the zucchini and salt in bowl, and let stand until the liquid is released (about 20 minutes). Squeeze all the liquid out of the zucchini, and transfer to large bowl (you should have 1½ packed cups).
- Stir in the flour, egg, 3 tablespoons chopped chives, mint, parsley, Aleppo pepper, and baking powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet over medium heat. Spoon 4 2-Tbs. mounds of batter onto the pan, slightly flattening. Cook until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side). Transfer to a wire rack and repeat with the remaining batter and oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, yogurt, and remaining 1 tablespoon chopped chives.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the yogurt mixture on each zucchini cake, and top with 2 teaspoons of the bell pepper mixture. Serve with the remaining yogurt and bell pepper mixture on the side.
Serving size: 1 croquette Calories: 90 Fat: 6 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 8 g Sugar: 2 g Sodium: 135 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 3 g Cholesterol: 24 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers vegetarian recipes: