This salad is full of all kinds of good stuff. It can be made up to two days ahead; just leave out the watercress until before serving.
Weight Watchers Watercress Beet Salad with Fig Vinaigrette Recipe
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 pound golden beets, scrubbed
- 3 ounces watercress
- ½ cup uncooked farro
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups (1/2-inch) cubed zucchini
- ½ cup chopped unsalted roasted almonds
- ¼ cup finely chopped dried figs
- 2 cups very thinly sliced fennel bulb
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Leave the root and 1-inch stem on the beets. Rub the beets with 1 tablespoon oil, then wrap them tightly in foil.
- Roast the beets in the oven until very tender (for about 1½ hours).
- Let the beets cool for about 15 minutes.
- Trim off the beet roots; rub off the skins. Discard the roots and skins and cut the beets into wedges.
- Cook the farro according to the directions on the package; drain.
- Rinse the farro under cold water; drain well. Spread the farro out on paper towels to dry out slightly.
- Place the figs and vinegar in a small saucepan.
- Cover and cook gently for about 10 minutes over medium heat. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Place the vinegar mixture, thyme, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Gradually add the remaining 5 tablespoons oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Add the watercress, zucchini, fennel, farro and beet wedges to the bowl; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the salad with the chopped almonds and serve.
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 238 Fat: 15 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 22 g Sugar: 8 g Sodium: 243 mg Fiber: 5 g Protein: 5 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
WW Smart Points: 8
WW Points Plus: 6
WW Old Points: 5
You might also like these Weight Watchers salad recipes: