Let the green beans and brown rice simmer in broth, and infuse savory flavor with soy sauce and spices. Pair this Asian-inspired side dish with chicken or fish for a quick and healthy main dish.
Weight Watchers Rice & Green Beans Recipe
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz.) chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds, toasted
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Combine the green beans, broth, garlic powder and soy sauce in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium-high heat.
- Stir in the rice and return to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the rice mixture with a fork. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 110 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 20 g Sugar: 1 g Sodium: 330 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 4 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
WW Smart Points: 3
WW Points Plus: 3
WW Old Points: 2
You might also like these Weight Watchers side dish recipes: