I love to eat this potato leek soup all year long, but especially on cold winter days. It has such a nice creamy texture thanks to the milk and Philadelphia cream cheese. Serving suggestion: top with crumbled bacon slices and serve with saltine crackers.
Weight Watchers Potato-Leek Soup Recipe
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 lb. baking potatoes (about 4), peeled, cubed
- 4 large leeks (1-1/2 lb.), cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1-1/4 qt. (5 cups) water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven on medium heat.
- Add the leeks and cook for about 5 minutes (until tender), stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, potatoes, salt and pepper; cover. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium-low heat for about 15-20 minutes (until the potatoes are tender). Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Using your blender, blend the leek mixture, in batches, until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Add the cream cheese, a few cubes at a time. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly, until the cream cheese has completely melted and the mixture is well blended.
- Add the milk and cook for about 2-3 minutes (until heated through), stirring occasionally. Top with chopped chives and bacon bits (optional, not included in the recipe).
Serving size: 1 cup Calories: 270 Fat: 13 g Saturated fat: 6 g Carbohydrates: 34 g Sugar: 7 g Sodium: 670 mg Protein: 5 g Cholesterol: 40 mg
WW Smart Points: 10
WW Points Plus: 8
WW Old Points: 6
You might also like these Weight Watchers soup recipes: