Roasting the portobello mushrooms, cauliflower and red bell pepper brings out a rich caramelized flavor in this nutrient-packed vegetable soup.
Weight Watchers Roasted Cauliflower-Mushroom Soup Recipe
Recipe type: Soup
- 2 portobello mushrooms, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (2-inch pieces)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cumin, Ground
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss the mushrooms, cauliflower and bell pepper with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with thyme and cumin, toss until evenly coated.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet, and roast, stirring occasionally, for about 15-20 minutes (until the cauliflower is golden brown).
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat.
- Add the onions; cook and stir for about 5 minutes (until softened).
- Add the vegetable broth, veggie mixture and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes (until the cauliflower is tender).
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve.
Calories: 105 Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 12 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 304 mg Fiber: 3 g Protein: 3 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
WW Smart Points: 4
WW Points Plus: 3
WW Old Points: 2
You might also like these Weight Watchers soup recipes: