This easy and delicious dessert is just like the rice pudding Mom made back in the day, only much healthier. Raisins and cinnamon combined with rice and vanilla make for a creamy, smooth warm dessert.
WW Smart Points
Weight Watchers Raisin Rice Pudding Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup long grain rice
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a heavy medium-sized saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Stir in the rice and salt.
- Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 12 minutes (until the water is absorbed).
- Add the milk, raisins, cinnamon and granulated sweetener.
- Cook, uncovered, over low heat, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes (until most of the milk is absorbed).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Serve warm.
Serving size: ½ cup per serving Calories: 150 Fat: 2 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 28 g Sugar: 9 g Sodium: 120 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 5 g Cholesterol: 5 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers dessert recipes: