This low-calorie soup comes with many spices that aid the circulation and general well-being. The substances in chilli and ginger – capsaicin and gingerol – have a stimulating effect.
The fresher the ginger root, the better the soup will look and taste. Always buy ginger in small amounts that you will consume quickly, and keep any leftovers in the refrigerator to keep fresh.
Weight Watchers Corn Chowder recipe (6 smart points)
Recipe type: Soup
- 1 leek stalk (about 150 g)
- 1 green chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ small lime
- 1 piece ginger (30 g)
- 285 g corn (canned, drained)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 4 coriander sprigs
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Cut the leek in half lengthwise, wash and cut into rings. Wash and clean the chilli pepper, then finely chop.
- Peel the garlic and crush it. Wash the lime, cut into slices. Peel the ginger and finely grate. Drain the canned corn.
- Heat the canola oil in a saucepan. Sauté the leek rings for about 1 minute.
- Add the chili, garlic, ginger and lime slices and fry together for a few seconds.
- Add the corn and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil and cook for about 4-5 minutes over medium heat.
- Wash coriander, shake dry and chop. Add the soy sauce, salt and pepper to the soup. Before serving, sprinkle with the chopped coriander.
Calories: 205 Fat: 8 g Saturated fat: 0.8 g Carbohydrates: 24 g Sugar: 0 g Fiber: 6 g Protein: 8 g Cholesterol: 0 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers soup recipes: