This salmon sandwich is a delicious contrast between the smoked fish and the savory buns. It’s a lunch or snack that has it all: valuable omega-3 fatty acids for the heart and circulatory system, complex carbohydrates for weight loss, plenty of fiber for a stable blood sugar level, and lots of magnesium for muscle and nerve function. You can serve this with extra herbs if you want: try, for example, fresh dill, which goes well with cucumber and salmon and can help the digestion.
Weight Watchers Salmon Sandwiches recipe (7 smart points)
Recipe type: Lunch
- 1 small cucumber
- ½ small lemon
- 4 tablespoons low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 small handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1 small shallot
- 1 whole grain baguette roll (or other whole grain bread)
- 40 g smoked salmon (sliced)
- Wash the cucumber, pat dry and cut in half lengthwise. Detach the seeds with a teaspoon. Finely grate the cucumber using a box grater.
- Place the grated cucumber on a clean kitchen towel and squeeze very strong over a bowl. Discard the liquid.
- In a bowl, mix the grated cucumber with the juice of half a lemon and the cottage cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the spinach in cold water and then spin dry well.
- Peel the shallots and chop very finely. Cut the baguette rolls into halves and spread the cucumber-cheese mixture.
- Add the spinach leaves and the smoked salmon occupy, and sprinkle with the chopped shallots. Place the second half of the bun as a lid on the sandwich.
Calories: 324 Fat: 4 g Saturated fat: 1 g Carbohydrates: 42 g Sugar: 0 g Fiber: 7 g Protein: 26 g Cholesterol: 16 mg
WW Points Plus
WW Old Points
You might also like these Weight Watchers salmon recipes: