A quick toss in vinaigrette and a sprinkle of Parmesan helps give this Pan-Roasted Butternut Squash its distinctive flavor. Both high in vitamin A and a good source of vitamin C, this delicately seasoned butternut squash side makes the perfect accompaniment to your favorite cooked lean meat.
WW Points Plus
Weight Watchers Pan-Roasted Butternut Squash (2 WW points plus, 1 WW old point)
Recipe type: Side dish
- 1 butternut squash (1-1/2 lb.), peeled, seeded and cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup KRAFT Lite Balsamic Parmesan Asiago Vinaigrette Dressing
- ¼ cup water
- Bring the squash, butter, thyme, pepper and water just to boil in a large skillet on medium-high heat; cover.
- Simmer on medium heat for about 5-6 minutes, or until the squash is crisp-tender.
- Uncover the skillet; cook the squash on high heat for about 4-6 minutes, or until the squash is lightly browned and the liquid is cooked off. Remove from the heat.
- Add the dressing; stir to evenly coat the squash. Sprinkle with cheese.
Calories: 80 Fat: 3 g Saturated fat: 2 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 240 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 2 g Cholesterol: 10 mg
WW Old Points:
You might also like these Weight Watchers side dish recipes: