I was not sure if I would like this soup but it turned out delicious, especially the next day after everything sunk in, the soup became very thick and yummy. I know it’s not exactly the most diet-friendly recipe I’ve ever posted, but I felt like something a little heavier for a change.
Weight Watchers Asparagus Pasta Soup recipe
6 cups chicken broth
2 cups penne pasta, cooked
4 cups asparagus, chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
3 tablespoons ground sage
1. Put the chicken broth in pan and bring to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium high.
3. Add the asparagus and cook for about 8-10 minutes.
4. Stir in half of the parmesan cheese.
5. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium fry pan, and add the sage.
6. Heat for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Add the oil, sage and pasta to the chicken broth.
8. Garnish with sprigs of sage and the rest of the parmesan cheese.
9. Add pepper to taste and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 8
WW points plus: 10
Total fat: 14 g
Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 1363 mg
Total carbs: 51.8 g
Dietary fiber: 10 g
Protein: 20.4 g
Photo credit: Tobyotter
You might also like these Weight Watchers soup recipes: