This is a very simple side dish recipe that has lots of flavor and can be a nice addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
Weight Watchers Green Beans and Shallots recipe
6 cups green beans
6 bulbs shallots
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
2. Heat a sauce pan over medium heat and put the olive oil and shallots in the pan.
3. Saute the shallots for about 20 minutes (until caramelized).
6. Take the stems off the green beans, leaving them whole otherwise.
7. Steam the green beans briefly until just tender but still crisp.
8. Toss the green beans with the oil and shallots, season with salt to taste and serve.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 1
Total fat: 4.5 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 3.3 mg
Total carbs: 3.9 g
Dietary fiber: 1.8 g
Protein: 1 g
Photo credit: Kellybeanz
You might also like these Weight Watchers side dish recipes: