Here’s a quick and easy way to add great flavor to simple green beans. If you don’t have shallots, replace them with scallions or red onions.
Weight Watchers Green Beans with Caramelized Shallot Butter recipe
2 lbs (about 10 cups) green beans, trimmed
1 cup sliced shallots
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the shallots and saute for about 4 minutes (or until golden).
3. Stir in the balsamic vinegar and cook for 1 1/2 more minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated lemon rind, chopped thyme, salt and pepper.
5. Cook the green beans in boiling water for about 3 minutes (or until crisp-tender); drain.
6. In a large bowl, combine the green beans with the shallot mixture and toss well to coat.
Nutritional information for one serving:
WW points: 1
Calories from fat: 27
Total fat: 3g
Total carbs: 9.3g
Dietary fiber: 3.1g
Photo credit: GaylaJ
You might also like these side dish recipes: