If you like pumpkin pie, you will probably love this Weight Watchers zucchini pie recipe! Zucchini is rich in antioxidants, which play a significant role in slowing down aging and preventing diseases.
Weight Watchers Zucchini Pie recipe
Makes 8 servings
2 cups pureed cooked zucchini
1 (9 inch) pie crust
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk, warmed
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Skin the zucchini and cut it up into 1-inch chunks.
3. Microwave on high for about 9 minutes (until easily pierced with a fork), stirring once.
4. Pour off any water.
5. Puree the zucchini in the blender.
6. Mix the zucchini puree with the honey and dry ingredients.
7. Warm the milk; then add the milk and eggs to the zucchini mixture.
8. Use a hand mixer to blend well.
9. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie crust.
10. Bake in the 425° F oven for about 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350° F and bake for about 40-45 more minutes longer (or until a knife inserted slightly off center comes out clean).
11. Let cool for about 2 hours and then chill in the refrigerator for several more hours, if desired.
12. Serve with whipped cream.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 246 calories, 11.2g fat, 1.6g fiber
Zucchini Pie recipe photo credit: Margaret Johnson
You might also like these Weight Watchers zucchini recipes: