This is a simple, flavorful, and juicy way to prepare chicken. It’s very quick to marinate and prepare, but tastes so good! The mint sauce is cooling and makes a nice texture/flavor contrast.
Weight Watchers Grilled Chicken Breasts in Spiced Yogurt recipe
Makes 6 servings
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 1/4 cups plain yogurt
2 tablespoons minced shallots
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons salt
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup fresh mint leaves
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1. Stir together 1 cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, the salt, pepper and spices.
2. Add the chicken and turn until well coated.
3. Marinate at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
4. While the chicken is marinating, preheat the grill.
5. Stir together the remaining 1 1/4 cups yogurt and 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice and salt to taste.
6. Reduce the grill to moderate heat.
7. Discard the marinade and grill the chicken on a lightly oiled grill rack, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes (until the chicken is cooked through).
8. Transfer the chicken to a serving platter.
9. In a small bowl, toss together the remaining oil, shallots and mint.
10. Drizzle the chicken with the yogurt sauce and top with shallot and mint salad.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 258 calories, 11.6g fat, 1g fiber
Photo credit: JustJanS