Weight Watchers Cauliflower with Marigold Sauce recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 medium cauliflower
6 heads calendula flowers
1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup white flour
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Break up the cauliflower into large florets.
2. Steam the cauliflower for about 10-15 minutes (until cooked, but not too soft).
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter.
4. Add the flour until a soft paste is formed.
5. Slowly add the milk, whisking to keep smooth.
6. Turn down the heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 5-10 minutes (until it thickens).
7. Stir in the grated cheese (not allowing to boil).
8. Remove the sauce from the heat and add in the marigold petals, stirring carefully.
9. Place the cauliflower on a serving dish and pour the sauce over the top.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 281 calories, 17.7g fat, 4g fiber
Photo credit: Rita