Weight Watchers Tortellini Tomato Spinach Soup recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 (9 ounce) package fresh tortellini or dried tortellini
1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
10 ounces fresh spinach or frozen spinach, defrosted and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
4-6 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup minced onion (about 1/2 small onion)
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
1. In a soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Saute the garlic and onion, stirring often, for about 5-7 minutes (until the onions are translucent).
3. Add the tomatoes and broth, turn the heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
4. Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
5. When the tortellini are almost done, add the spinach and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve immediately, (optionally) garnishing each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 312 calories, 9.9g fat, 4.5g fiber