Weight Watchers Chinese General Tso’s Chicken recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup chicken broth
2 medium scallions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons Splenda granular, artificial sweetener
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cups cooked brown rice
1. Cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken broth, ginger, cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar and Splenda. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
4. Add the scallions, pepper flakes and garlic.
5. Cook for 2 minutes, then add the chicken and cook for about 5 more minutes (until browned).
6. Add the sauce and simmer for about 3 more minutes (until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through).
7. Serve the chicken and sauce over hot brown rice.
One serving is approximately 280 grams.
WW POINTS per serving: 6
Nutritional information per serving: 287 calories, 4.8g fat, 2.2g fiber