Here’s a great 0 point recipe for all you salad lovers!
This salad has a very nice mix of flavors – it’s spicy from the peppers, tart from the apples, and sweet from the strawberries. I’ll be making this again!
Weight Watchers Spinach and Fruit Salad recipe
Makes 6 servings
6 cups baby spinach, washed and torn into bite-size pieces
2 cups strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
1 medium Granny Smith apple, diced
2 green onion, sliced
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
citrus vinaigrette dressing
ascorbic acid (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, mix the strawberries and apples; sprinkle lightly with asorbic acid if using.
2. Add the onions, jalapeno pepper and cilantro; mix well.
3. Allow the fruit to sit at room temperature for about 20-30 minutes.
4. Place the spinach in a large bowl, add the fruit and toss well to mix.
5. Pour on a citrus vinaigrette dressing to suit your taste and serve on chilled salad plates.
WW POINTS per serving: 0
Nutritional information per serving: 36 calories, 0.3g fat, 2.4g fiber