This peach cobbler recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. It uses less fats and sugars than most cobbler recipes, so it’s much healthier too.
Weight Watchers Light Peach Cobbler recipe
Makes 8 servings
6 medium peaches (fresh or frozen), sliced
1/2 cup nonfat milk
6 1/3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons reduced-calorie margarine
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon table salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, 1/3 cup of the sugar (5 1/3 tablespoons), lemon juice, cornstarch and cinnamon; toss to coat the peaches.
3. Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
4. Cook until the mixture thickens (about 1 minute).
5. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the mixture to an 8-inch square baking pan.
6. To make the topping: in a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, the remaining tablespoon of sugar and salt.
7. Work in the margarine with a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
8. Add the milk and stir until the flour mixture is evenly moistened.
9. Drop 8 tablespoons of the topping mixture onto the peach mixture.
10. Bake until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbly (about 20-25 minutes).
11. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.
WW POINTS per serving: 3
Nutritional information per serving: 152 calories, 2.5g fat, 1.6g fiber