Here’s a wonderful way to serve fresh green beans. The addition of rosemary as a complimentary seasoning gives this dish an interesting flavor.
Weight Watchers Green Beans Provencale recipe
Makes 4 servings
1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and broken in 2-inch lengths
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup sliced green onion
2 tablespoons shallots, minced
2-4 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons dried basil
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large skillet, place the green beans and the water.
2. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce the heat; steam for about 5-8 minutes or until crisp tender.
3. Drain well and set aside.
4. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil; add rosemary until fragrant.
5. Add the garlic, onion and shallots; saute for 1 minute.
6. Add the green beans; saute for 3 minutes.
7. Add the tomatoes and basil; saute for 2 minutes.
WW POINTS per serving: 1
Nutritional information per serving: 80 calories, 2.7g fat, 5.1g fiber