The peanut butter flavor of these home-made granola bars gets nicely complemented by the sweetness of the dried fruit.
Weight Watchers Granola Bars recipe
Makes 12 servings
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup peanuts
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 tablespoons raisins
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh)
1/2 teaspoon orange rind (fresh)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Toast the oats and sunflower seeds on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for about 5-7 minutes (until crispy).
3. In a large bowl, combine the toasted oats and sunflower seeds with the remaining ingredients (except the sliced almonds).
4. Press the mixture into an 8-inch greased baking dish.
5. Press the almonds on top.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes (or until brown and done).
7. Cool before cutting into bars.
WW POINTS per serving: 5 Nutritional information per serving: 205 calories, 12.9g fat, 3.3g fiber