This frittata is tasty, healthy, easy and inexpensive to make. It’s 4 WW points per serving and makes a beautiful breakfast, brunch or light dinner.
Weight Watchers Asparagus and Potato Frittata recipe
Makes 4 servings
4 large eggs
4 egg whites
1 lb asparagus
1 large baking potato, peeled and thinly sliced
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup nonfat milk
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place the potato in saucepan and cover with water by 3 inches. Cover the pan and bring to boil over high heat; boil for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the asparagus and boil for 2 more minutes.
4. Drain and set aside to cool.
5. In a bowl, combine the whole eggs and egg whites, three tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, milk, baking powder and salt. Mix in the potato and asparagus.
6. Heat an oven-proof nonstick pan, spray with nonstick spray and add the chopped onion.
7. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
8. Add the egg mixture and reduce the heat to medium.
9. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes (until almost set).
10. Uncover the skillet and sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese.
11. Transfer to the oven to cook for about 5 minutes (until browned).
12. Invert onto a plate and cut into wedges prior to serving.
WW POINTS per serving: 4
Nutritional information per serving: 197 calories, 7.2g fat, 3.3g fiber